Here’s a note from Carole Bumpus, president of the CWC–San Francisco Peninsula Branch and NorCal chair.
The California Writers Club-NorCal Group takes great pleasure in announcing an exciting opportunity just for you, our members. CWC-NorCal Group has once again reserved a booth at the third annual Bay Area Book Festival, and is offering the opportunity for CWC members to sell their books at the booth—at no cost!
The Bay Area Book Festival takes place Saturday and Sunday, June 3 and 4, in downtown Berkeley in and around Civic Center Park. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. both days. Each year, this free event draws some 50,000 people, 300 author/speakers and 160 vendors. This year, CWC will be one of the exhibitors.
Details are still being worked out, but here is what we can tell you:
- CWC members are invited to sell their books and/or promote their writing-related business at our booth at no cost to the member. Your brochures and books on the table will suffice; no large promo posters. (We are at the booth to mainly promote CWC.)
- You must have a current seller’s permit from the State Board of Equalization if you plan to actually sell anything.
- You must be present in the booth and handle all details of making the sale. No dropping off books and expecting others to sell them for you!
- Shifts will be set up on two-hour intervals. You must remove yourself, your books, and all other promotional materials at the end of your two-hour shift.
- Shift assignments will be made either on a first-come, first-served basis or by lottery, depending on demand. You may not sign up for more than one shift unless and until all other interested CWC members are accommodated.
- You may use your shift to promote a writing-related business (editing, book design, PR, etc.) in lieu of selling books.
- This opportunity is available only to current members of CWC.
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, add your name to the master list by sending an email to Tim Jollymore with the Berkeley Branch. His email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org . Even if you have already signed up or indicated interest to someone at your home branch, please add your name to this master list. Put “Bay Area Book Festival” in the Subject field and indicate your home branch in the body of the email.